Taking place in Manchester on 18th September 2013, BioCap is the only Life Sciences and Investment Conference based in the North of England.
Bringing together international investors and companies both seeking finance and with a track record of raising finance, this not to be missed conference is aimed at highlighting the wealth of life science investment opportunities in the North of England.
As part of the conference programme we will be hosting a company pitching session. This is a fantastic opportunity to present to the life-science investment community, so if you are looking to secure investment for your company you must consider submitting an application.
The call for company pitches is now open!
If you are considering submitting an application you must meet the following criteria:
• You are an established biomedical business** and seeking or shortly to start seeking funding of £500k or above.
• You are registered or be prepared to register for BioCap 2013 (delegate rates £120 + VAT non-Bionow members, £85 + VAT Bionow Members, £75 + VAT Bionow Premium Members).
• Available to present your company overview, request and need for funding in a 8 minute “pitch” on 18th September 2013 at the Hilton Hotel, Deansgate in Manchester.
** companies involved in pharmaceuticals (research, development and manufacture of drugs and biopharmaceuticals); biotechnology; diagnostics; clinical research organisations; contract manufacturing organisations; analytical services and sciences; and healthcare technologies and medical devices.
In addition to the opportunity to pitch at the conference, we are also offering successful companies the chance to attend an ‘Investor Readiness’ session with The Scott Partnership on Wednesday 4th September. The Scott Partnership is a specialist, North-West based, science and technology B2B communications consultancy with a global footprint, offering a wide range of integrated marketing services for the Life Science, Technology, Healthcare, Environmental and Chemicals industries.
The half-day session will provide companies with a chance to pitch to Scott Partnership professionals and a small audience of fellow pitchers, to gain valuable feedback and advice on making the most of your ‘pitching’ slot with an investor. Please note that this session is FREE for Bionow members but all non-members will incur a £99 + VAT fee to participate.
During the ‘Investor Readiness’ session attendees will:
– Learn the recipe for pitching for investment
– Learn what investors want from them and their pitch for investment
– Learn what questions investors will ask
– Learn a 10 min pitch about their specific business
– Learn what to say when they talk about their specific business
– Learn how to talk about their specific business
– Practise numerous times and get feedback and adjust the pitch for investment.
To apply please send a brief overview (no more than 250 words) of your company and the opportunity email@example.com before noon on Wednesday 31st July 2013. Please highlight on your application if you wish to attend the ‘Investor Readiness’ session.
The process for selecting successful companies will be competitive and pitches will be selected by a panel from the conference organising committee.